Fox River drops another foot; almost below 14 feet; chance of rain returns to forecast

The Fox River continues to recede as measured at the New Munster gauge, flirting with going below 14 feet as of Monday night.

At 10 p.m., the river was at 14.19 feet, about a foot below where it was Sunday evening.

The river crested at 17.47 feet last Thursday, a new record for the New Munster gauge by two feet over the previous mark.

The National Weather Service has issued a hydrologic outlook for the river given the chance of rain in upcoming days. That rain may increase the flooding threat through the week, the outlook says.

The latest, local NWS forecast calls for a 20-50 percent chance of thunderstorms Tuesday night, a 30 percent chance of thunderstorms Wednesday, a 50 percent chance of thunderstorms Wednesday night, a 40 percent chance of thunderstorms Thursday and Thursday night, a 60 percent chance of thunderstorms Friday and Friday night and 50-20 percent chance of showers or thunderstorms Saturday through Monday.

0 Shares

Comments are closed.

  • Follow us on

  • Archives