UPDATE: No injuries in Paddock Lake fire

No one was injured — residents or firefighters — in a fire Tuesday night in Paddock Lake, a spokesman for Town of Salem/Fire Rescue said Wednesday.

The fire occurred in the 24600 block of 68th Street. Firefighters from Town of Salem Fire/Rescue and Bristol Fire and Rescue and sheriff’s deputies were dispatched to the scene at about 8:55 p.m.

Those first on the scene found a large amount of fire in a backyard. The fire is believed to have started with an unattended burning leaf pile. Two sheds and two houses on the property were damaged, said Capt. Mary Griegal, Salem Fire/Rescue. There also was a 1,000 gallon propane tank in the yard used for a kiln that was involved in the fire, but did not explode.

A monetary estimate of the damage was not available Wednesday, Griegal said.

A pet parrot in one of the houses was rescued uninjured, Griegal said.

Red Cross was contacted to assist the resident of one of the houses.

Related posts

Units responding for fire in Paddock Lake (PHOTOS)

0 Shares

Comments are closed.

  • Follow us on

  • Archives