Western Kenosha County Historical Society History Open House is Oct. 5

This image is from 1908 and is of Holy Name of Jesus church immediately north of the Cemetery on the hill at Hwy C and B n Wilmot. The clapboard building burned in 1913 presumably started by lightning strike.​ It was west of the path near the top of the hill to the cemetery.​ /Contributed photo, used with permission of Western Kenosha County Historical Society

This image is from 1908 and is of Holy Name of Jesus church immediately north of the Cemetery on the hill at Hwy C and B n Wilmot. The clapboard building burned in 1913 presumably started by lightning strike.​ It was west of the path near the top of the hill to the cemetery.​ /Contributed photo, used with permission of Western Kenosha County Historical Society

Western Kenosha County Historical Society is again hosting a History Open House on Sunday, Oct. 5, noon until 5 p.m. at Miller Park of Trevor, 25905 114th St., Trevor. ​This is a free, casual, inside, outside affair.

The society will be dedicating the new Display Building at 1 p.m .

All through the event, many things will be featured including the 1880’s Twin Oaks Schoolhouse​ classes​, the 19​18 Fort Sheridan Barracks​ (our history hall​)​, quilting, bee keeping, trains, ​early farm tools and techniques, blacksmithing, ​hit ‘N miss engines and rope making. There will be some treats and games for kids to play. There will be something for everyone to explore.

Town of Salem Fire/Rescue members will be participating as well and will have their 1934 fire engine ​on display ​and will share their own long and prominent history​ of service to the community and promotion of safety in our every day lives.​.

The society welcomes all and can be reached at wkenoshachs@gmail.com

9 Shares

2 Comments

  1. WKCHD says:

    Pastor Cliff Hathcock http://cbcsilverlake.org/ will return with a very nice multi media display pertaining to the CHAPEL CAR – a rail car which I believe frequented our area.

  • Follow us on

  • Archives