Juveniles identified in connection with Bristol Renaissance Faire fire

Two juveniles have been identified as being involved in the Bristol Renaissance Faire Fire last month, a Sheriff’s Department spokesman said

The fire happened at about 11:15 p.m., Feb. 18 and destroyed the archery shooting range at the faire.

The suspects are a 16-year-old male from Gurnee, Ill. and a 16-year-old male from Wadsworth, Ill. Interviews were done with both them and their parents.

The teens admitted they were on the property and started a fire to keep warm, said Sgt. Bill Beth, sheriff’s department spokesman. The juveniles failed to completely extinguish the fire and as a result the archery shooting range caught fire and was a total loss. Detectives had a tip from Crime Stoppers identifying the suspects and one of the suspects came forward. The juveniles have been referred to Juvenile Intake for Trespassing and Negligent Handling of Burning Materials.

0 Shares

2 Comments

  1. Dyann says:

    The juveniles and parents should be made to pay for the damages. They have no business being on the property to begin with while it is closed. They could have stayed warm in their damn houses or a mall. No excuses. The costs of the repairs should not fall on the Bristol Ren Faire. The juveniles should also be made to work for free every weekend cleaning up after the animals.

  2. Grace says:

    I agree, what in the HELL were they doing there when the site was closed? I feel that they should have to not only clean up after ALL the animals, but the WHOLE ENTIRE Faire grounds as well. We ALL have enough to worry about and think of with our 25th Anniversary coming up, and now to worry about the cost to re-build someone’s booth. I mean what if they whole Farie grounds went up, then what would they have done then? I think they should be also made to re-build our archery shooting range booth and pay for the lumber and all that goes into building that booth and to make it look nice and all out of their own pockets. Bristol Renaissance Faire is like a second home to MANY of us and we take Pride in our Faire and for two IDIOTS to try to destroy what many of us have built up or that has been there when it was King Richards Faire is just plain wrong, and they should not get a slap on the wrist or get away with this. They NEED to pay for they damages and the cost to re-place this booth and they and their parents should re-build the booth themselves, clean up after ALL the animals that we have there, and clean up the WHOLE ENTIRE Faire grounds for the 9 WEEKENDS that we are open from 7 am till closing EVERY WEEKEND!!

  • Follow us on

  • Archives