Had flooding damage? County wants to hear from you

home_fema_logoThe county’s emergency management department is compiling instances of flooding in hopes of attracting federal disaster relief aid:

All residents with storm or flood damages are asked to E-mail Kenosha County Emergency Management at EMDisaster@co.kenosha.wi.us or call the Kenosha County Emergency Management Damagea e Hotline at 262-605-7926 or 262-605-7928 to report their flood/storm damages. Information needed is: Name, address, phone number, Municipality, whether they are insured, how much water/sewage they had and whether it was on the first floor or in the basement. If phone lines are busy, residents are asked to please call back. Do to the overwhelming number of phone calls, return calls will be made if additional information is needed. People requesting additional assistance are asked to call the appropriate number listed below. The information collected from the Damage Hotline will be utilized for a Damage Report that will be sent to WI Emergency Management to determine if their might be any federal assistance available to Kenosha County residents.

There will need to be at least 75 homes statewide with major damage — two or more feet on first floor and/or structural damage, collapsed basement walls — to qualify for a¬†FEMA Declaration, said Ben Schliesman, county emergency management director. So far, damage has been reported only from Kenosha and Grant counties.

More info related to flood recovery is available here.


Comments are closed.

  • Follow us on

  • Archives