Posts under ‘weather’

Rain tonight? Maybe

The local National Weather Service forecast calls for a 50 percent chance of rain tonight. If it does rain, it looks like it is most likely going to come between midnight and 8 a.m. and it could be heavy. At about 9:16 p.m., radar shows rain coming alive in eastern Iowa and moving to the east. Tonight’s low […]

Tornado watch cancelled

As of 7:45 p.m., the National Weather Service tornado watch that was to last until 10 p.m. has been cancelled. A 20 percent chance of thunderstorms remains in the forecast for tonight.

Severe thunderstorm warning issued; tornado watch until 10 p.m.

The National Weather Service has issued a severe thunderstorm warning warning for an area of Wisconsin including Western Kenosha County. The warning is in effect until 3 p.m. This storm has produced 60 mph winds and hail. The NWS also has issued a tornado watch until 10 p.m. UPDATE 2:32 p.m. — NWS has issued a tornado […]

Heat advisory issued for Saturday

A heat advisory has been issued by the National Weather Service for our area for Saturday. The advisory will be in effect from noon to 8 p.m. The high temperature could reach 92 Saturday with heat index values as high as 103. There also may be patchy fog in the morning and a 20-30 percent chance […]

Showers and storms possible today, likely tonight

Showers and thunderstorms are possible today and even likely this evening into tonight, says the National Weather Service forecast. Rain could start around 3 p.m., and is likely after 7 p.m. Thursday’s high will be just 75, but a warm-up is expected to start Friday and continue through the weekend. High temperatures are expected to be 88, […]

Units responding for alarm at Wilmot UHS

At about 8:03 a.m., Town of Salem Fire/Rescue units are responding to Wilmot Union High School for a general fire alarm. Per disapatch: Alarm company has contacted a key holder and they believe the alarm is false.

Storms approaching?

At about 8:35 p.m., it looks like a second round of storms could be bearing down on Western Kenosha County. Some of the cloud formation looking to the south are pretty interesting as the storm moves in from the north. I took this photo east of Paddock Lake along Highway 50 at about 8:15 p.m. looking south. […]

Second severe thunderstorm watch issued

At 3:17 p.m., the National Weather Service has issued a severe thunderstorm watch for 47 counties in Wisconsin including Kenosha County. The watch is set to expire at 9 p.m. This is the second severe thunderstorm watch issued today. Between 5 and 6 a.m., a round of storms moved through the area.

Severe thuderstorm watch issued

The National Weather Service has issued a severe thunderstorm until 10 a.m. However, radar indicates that the storm that moved through earlier is beyond our area with nothing imminent in its wake. However, there’s a 50 percent chance of thunderstorms returning after about 2 p.m. That 50 percent chance is expected to stay with us Monday night, Tuesday […]

Thunderstorm likely Monday morning

It’s very likely we will have a thunderstorm Monday morning, says the latest local forecast from the National Weather Service. The storm is most likely to arrive between 4 and 8 a.m. A 50 percent chance of a thunderstorm continues in the forecast for Monday night and Tuesday.

Rain likely tonight; possible Sunday

Rain is likely going to fall on Western Kenosha County Saturday night, says the National Weather Service forecast. There’s a 70 percent of thunderstorms and some patchy fog tonight. Rain and storms are most likely between 8 p.m. Saturday and about 5 a.m. Sunday. A 50 percent chance of rain or thunderstorms will persist through Sunday, decreasing […]

Summer temps to return

A warm-up to more seasonably warm temperatures should begin Friday, says the local National Weather Service forecast. The high temperature Friday should be 79, with the same Saturday. Sunday should get into the low s. The longer range forecast calls for temperatures to remain in the high 70s, low 80s through at least Thursday. The […]

Storms likely tonight

We’re likely in fora thunderstorm overnight, says the local National Weather Service forecast. Rain could start as early as 5 p.m., but a thunderstorms is mostly likely after 11 p.m. through 3 a.m. In the meantime, it will be warmer than we are used to of late. The high temperature today could reach 86 degrees. After […]

All warnings cancelled

Storm warnings for Kenosha county have been cancelled, including the watch until 3 pm. That does not mean it will not storm. It still could rain, hail and have high winds for the rest of the day.  

Severe thunderstorm warning

Kenosha county is under a severe thunderstorm warning until 11:45 am.

Severe Thunderstorm watch

Kenosha County is now under a severe thunderstorm watch until 3 pm.

Possible severe weather

From the National Weather Service. Morning Severe Thunderstorms Possible, Small Chance for Afternoon Severe Thunderstorms Morning Threat: Strong Winds Large Hail Late afternoon/Evening Threat: Strong Winds Large Hail Tornado An ongoing thunderstorm complex that developed in the Dakotas overnight will race quickly across southern Minnesota and southern Wisconsin later this morning through early afternoon. This […]

Rain Monday, clear Tuesday, maybe storms Wednesday and Thursday

It’s raining now and it’s likely — even more likely — to rain, says the National Weather Service forecast. Thunderstorms Monday are most likely to occur between 4 and 6 p.m. Tuesday should be clear.  A 40 percent chance of thunderstorms returns Wednesday and Thursday. High temperatures all week should be in the high 70s, with lows in the […]

Chance of rain Saturday, more likely in coming days

The forecast for Saturday has changed up quite a bit from what the National Weather Services was seeing Friday. There is now a 50 percent chance of rain or a thunderstorm Saturday. That increases to a 70 percent chance of a storm Saturday night and Sunday. Sunday night there will be a 60 percent chance of […]

Flood watch issued

The National Weather Service has issued a flood watch for an area of Wisconsin that includes Kenosha County. The watch will be in effect from 5 p.m., Thursday until 7 a.m., Friday. The watch is prompted by expected heavy rain tonight, perhaps as much as 1 to 2 inches. That volume of rain could cause street […]

Today is Heat Awareness Day

Int he wake of the warmest days this year, Thursday is Heat Awareness Day in Wisconsin. Here is a media release form Kenosha County Emergency Management about how to remain healthy and safe even when the mercury rises: Heat can kill. That’s why Wisconsin Emergency Management, the Wisconsin Department of Health Services and the National Weather […]

Readers photos: Silver Lake hail

Kelly Mickelsen shared some photos of hail that fell in Silver Lake Monday. Kelly points out that these stones were still quarters size by the time she took the photos. They probably has melted some by then. More thunderstorms are int eh forecast for Thursday and Friday.

Thunderstorms expected Thursday, Friday

We should expect to see some thunderstorms hereabouts Thursday and Friday, says the latest local National Weather Service forecast. There’s a chance of a storm throughout Thursday, but the likelihood picks up about 5 p.m. and is virtually certain by 7 p.m. Friday, there’s a 90 percent chance of a thunderstorm all day. The forecast […]

80-plus for high temps Tuesday, Wednesday

The National Weather Service forecast calls for what might be called actual hot weather Tuesday and Wednesday, with high temperatures in the 80s. Tuesday the high temp is forecast for 86. Wednesday, it is expected to reach 84. The balance of the week should see a bit of a drop off, with temperatures dropping back into […]

Strong thunderstorm moving through area

The National Weather Service has issued a special weather statement regarding a strong thunderstorm making its way through the area. The storm is expected to be over Silver Lake at about 1:40 p.m. and Paddock Lake at about 1:50 p.m. Winds in excess of 40 mph and half inch hail are possible with this storm. […]

Fog in forecast for this morning

Fog is in the National Weather Service forecast for this morning. Visibility may be a quarter mile or less. It should start to break-up by about 8 a.m. Friday’s high temperature is expected to be a little cooler than of late, reach just 67.

Rain likely today and tonight, then cooler

Rain is likely Friday and virtually certain Friday night, the National Weather Service forecast says. We could use a little rain, but the bigger shock to the system is likely to be the temperatures starting Saturday. After a week of 70s and above, Saturday and Sunday’s high temperatures look to be in the high 50s. […]

Warm this week until Saturday; rain later today

The National Weather Service Forecast calls for a warm, occasionally wet, week this week with high temperatures firmly in the 70s. Until Saturday, that is. The high temperature that day is expected to reach just 55 on Saturday and 58 on Sunday. Rain is most likely later today, with the strongest chance being between 1 and […]

Temps to cool, no rain this week

The early summer like temperatures of the last few days will be ending after Monday, says the latest local National Weather Service forecast. Monday’s high is forecast to reach 75. The high Tuesday and Wednesday will be 54. Temperatures are expected to return to the mid to high 60s  Thursday through Sunday. There’s no chance of […]

Rain tonight; warmer for the weekend

Rain looks likely for Thursday night, says the latest local National Weather Service forecast. There’s just a 10 percent chance of rain Thursday during the day, but that increases to a 90 percent chance of rain tonight. Rain is most likely between 9 p.m. Thursday and 9 a.m. Friday. After that it should warm up […]

  • Follow us on