The 5th Annual Labor of Love Day Music Festival in memory of Jamie Leigh Wilson will take place Sunday, Aug. 31, from noon to 7 p.m., at New Munster Park, 34315 Geneva Road, New Munster.
Admission is free.
This year’s festival will include live music, a dove release, food, baggo tournament, vendors and educational booths, theme raffles, kids activities and more. All ages are welcome but pets must stay home.
The day’s schedule is:
- 12-12:30 — Opening ceremonies and National Anthem.
- 12-4 p.m. — Car show.
- 12:30-3 p.m. – The GivingTree Band.
- 1, 3, 5 p.m. — Magic shows.
- 2 p.m. — Baggo tournament.
- 3:30-4:30 p.m. — Dove Release and raffle drawings.
- 3-6:30 p.m. – CornMeal band.
- 6:30-7 p.m. – The Circle Song with Rachel Dawley of 1703, cash raffle drawing and other winners announced.
- Childrens Activities include: Face painting, magic shows, Stepping Stones Farms and much, much more.
Proceeds of the event to benefit local communities with suicide prevention, awareness and education programs.