The Lily Lake Summerhaven Association Kids Day Parade and Kids Games will take place Friday, July 4.
New for 2014 will be a 50/50 Raffle. Buy tickets before and immediately after the parade. Drawing will be held after the ceremony.
- 9:00 AM – Deliver homemade goodies for the bake sale.
- 10:00 AM – Bake sale starts.
- 10:00 AM – Food Drive dropoff at either location: the Skurski driveway (334th start) or the McKenzie garage (south, across the street from the monument)
- 10:30 AM – Kids in costumes begin gathering. Make sure the judge for your category sees you.
- 10:45 AM – Judges begin making decisions on winners
- 11 AM – Parade steps off from Lily Lake Road and 77th Street, followed by July 4 ceremony and
- naming of prize winners.
After parade, you can return small flags at the McKenzie garage and get treats.
For Kids Games, gather at the monument.
Kids Parade Prize Categories:
- Kids on Wheels – Decorate your bike, stroller, or wagon in red, white, and blue.
- Famous American Heroes – Dress as a famous Astronaut, President, Scientist, Explorer.
- Inventor, Military person, or other renowned American.
- Funniest Kids – Celebrate the holiday with humor.
- Most Original Group – Use your imagination to wow the judges with a unique costume.
Also….Don’t Forget the Food Drive. In keeping with the wish to add some service components to association activities, food drive containers will be set up at the end of the Skurski driveway and near the McKenzie garage area if you wish to drop off non-perishables. They will be donated to the St. John’s Food Pantry in Twin Lakes.