Thirteen Wheatland Center School students had their art, poem, cartoon, or story published in this year’s Southern Lakes Anthology. The theme for this year’s anthology was “Figure It Out.” Students in grades third through eighth could submit a piece for consideration. Of the 24 pieces submitted from Wheatland, 13 of them were selected for publication by a panel of judges from area schools. Students who had their work selected will be invited to a reception at the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater campus on Wednesday, May 21. At the reception, each student will receive their own copy of the Anthology.
Wheatland students that had their work published are:
- Quinn Mickelson Grade 3 Poetry: Numbers SO Big
- Keghan Pye Grade 3 Poetry: Bullying
- Kianna Weis Grade 3 Poetry: Titanic’s Disaster
- Beau Schwertfeger Grade 3 Art: Chasing Lures…Don’t Get Hooked
- Kaitlyn Tompos Grade 5 Poetry: To Leave a Trace
- Abigail Henry Grade 5 Illustrated Writing: Existence
- Ben Carroll Grade 5 Poetry: Why Do You Cheat?
- Anna Carroll Grade 5 Poetry: Trying to Understand
- Nyssa Zuehls Grade 6 Poetry: What Is It?
- Siarra Volbrecht Grade 6 Poetry: Just Perfect
- Michael Hodnik Grade 6 Art: Math Madness
- Adam Simmons Grade 7 Illustrated Writing: That’s a Problem
- Ryan Holst Grade 7 Cartoon: Math Zits