Trevor-Wilmot School officials have repairs and clean-up under way today in the wake of a heating coil rupture that flooded parts of the building and closed the school for classes today.
Here’s a statement we just received this morning from district administrator George Steffen:
It appears that a heating coil ruptured in a unit which provides hot water for showers and bathrooms. There is about an inch of water in middle school classrooms, middle school hallway and in the old gym. We called our insurance company and they recommended Paul Davis Emergency Services out of Milwaukee for the clean-up. They are presently on-site. Cleaning and drying the floors is the first part, but pulling baseboard moldings to get into walls and under lockers requires more work. Still, we believe we can schedule school for tomorrow, Thursday.
Like all Western Kenosha County schools, Trevor-Wilmot was closed Monday and Tuesday of this week for extreme cold weather. In addition, Trevor-Wilmot was closed Nov. 8 due to an outbreak of a stomach virus that effected at least 50 students. That was a Friday and the school was disinfected over the weekend and re-opened Nov. 11.