Some timeline changes have been made to a proposed 138-kilowatt transmission line project that was introduced to Western Kenosha County residents earlier this year.
American Transmission Company had originally planned to finalize options for a route for the line by this fall and present them to the public for comments.
“While we had originally intended to finalize our proposed route options and hold a public open house this fall, it is now our intention to hold a public open house in spring 2014,” said Alissa Braatz, ATC corporate communications. “At that time, we will review the project and present the route options we believe best meet the routing and siting criteria based on impacts, costs, operation and maintenance.”
The ultimate service date for the project — Spring 2019 — is not expected to change.
The revised project schedule is:
- Route evaluation — Ongoing.
- Open house – preliminary route options — Spring 2014.
- Finalize proposed routes — Summer/Fall 2014.
- Open house with final proposed routes — Early 2015.
- Submit application to PSC — Spring 2015.
- Receive PSC decision — Summer 2016.
- Start construction — Summer 2017.
- Project in service — Spring 2019.