The 4th Annual Labor of Love Day Music Festival in memory of Jamie Leigh Wilson will take place Sunday, Sept. 1, from noon to 7 p.m., at New Munster Park, 34315 Geneva Road, New Munster.
This year, admission is free.
This year’s festival will include live music, a dove release, food, local vendors, and entry drawing cash prizes. Feel free to bring your own lawn chairs however food and beverages are prohibited but will be available for purchase at the event. All ages are welcome but pets must stay home.
The day’s schedule is:
- 12:00-12:15 Welcome/Color Guard Presentation of flags.
- 12:15-12:20 National Anthem.
- 12:20-12:30 Introductions.
- 12:30-3:30 The Chicago Bluegrass Band.
- 3:30-4:30 1703/Dove Release/Raffles.
- 4:30-6:30 The Giving Tree Band.
- 6:30-6:45 1703/Raffles.
- 6:45-7:00 Closing/Circle Song by 1703.
- Childrens Activities Band includes: face painting, games, a variety of craft projects, magic shows at 1:00, 3:00 and 5:00 and popcorn during the performance.
Labor of Love supports non-profit organization Just Live, Inc., a community of family, friends and local business coming together to help fund, promote awareness, and implement education through the support and recognition of county/statewide mental health organizations.