The library, 110 S. Lake Ave., will host an open house on Sunday, March 11. Detials of that event will be shared ata later daye.
The extensive remodeling and expansion of the library will expand space in the facility from 3,895 sq. ft. to 7,069 sq. ft. The Twin Lakes branch has been closed since Septe,ber 2011 for the project.
In addition to a new look and a more open space, the remodeling added the following:
- More public access computers.
- More general seating.
- A larger children’s area with a family restroom.
- More shelves for future growth.
- A meeting room.
- Staff workspace.
- Friends of the Library storage area .
After its opening, the Twin Lakes building will resume its regular hours:
- Monday – Thursday 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Friday and Saturday 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Sunday noon to 4 p.m.
Also, the Silver Lake building will go back to its regular hours on Monday, March 5:
- Monday 4 to 8 p.m.
- Tuesday and Wednesday 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Thursday 4 to 8 p.m.
- Friday Closed.
- Saturday 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
The Twin Lakes branch of the Community Library is one of three locations in the system, with the others being in Silver Lake and Salem.